Sunday, January 14, 2007

PIE

warm.

inviting.

i made one.

from scratch.

it was pretty amazing, but besides me basking in the amusement of doing something very 1950's, i know it wasn't so much the pie itself but rather the people making the pie. how refreshing to know people you connect with. humans are great in all their complex simplicity. our need for companionship and friendship dwells in the deepest emotions that make us who we are. i use to think i could be a loner and be happy. how miserable i was. i love people no matter how dramatic and silly they can be, and I've discovered that with interlocking my life with others is one of the many things that totally completes me.

1 comment:

BrightlyShining said...

And it was yummy. --Seriously, though, I know what you mean about having to un-learn being a loner. God pushed me out the door tonght to have dinner at my friends' house. (Kyle and April, whom you haven't met yet).